Tuesday, February 28, 2012

THE RANCHER AND THE ROCKSTAR


A wonderful debut from author Lizbeth Selvig!   When his son goes missing, rocker Gray Covey tracks the teen to a quiet Minnesota farm in the care of Abby Stadtler, a hard-working single mom with stormy eyes, the face of an angel, and a painful past. Attraction sparks from the second their eyes meet, but does his chaotic lifestyle have a place in her peaceful, ordered world?



  Winner of RWA’s prestigious Golden Heart Award for Single Title Contemporary in 2010, this beautiful story has finally found a home with Avon Impulse.  More than your typical boy-meets-girl tale, it goes much deeper, encompassing not just romantic love, but love in all its forms.  With an endearing cast of characters and a fantastic ending, THE RANCHER AND THE ROCKSTAR is a sweet story that will tug at your heartstrings and leave you with a smile on your face.

While this isn't the sort of book I usually choose, I'm very glad I got the chance to read it.  Realistic characters and a good solid story combine for a very satisfying read.  The ending is PERFECT and left me with a cheesy grin on my face for hours.  The book is a great mix of humor, drama, & passion all topped off by a drool-worthy cover.  Available now as an e-book and March 27th in paperback!




8 comments:

  1. ooh, you are the second person I have seen today who liked this. I think that I need to add it to my wish list! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely add it to your massive TBR pile, Christi! It was such a feel-good story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love this book... I was lucky enough to get to read this wonderful story as Liz was writing it and I have to admitt she is one of my very Fav Comtemp. authors and your review was spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nikki,
    I saw your review come through on Twitter and jumped here to find this unbelievably generous review. I can't thank you enough! And I'm so very glad you liked the story--that's the only reason writers write stuff :-) Seriously, I'm thrilled with what you've said -- couldn't ask for more!

    As a bonus -- the paperback does come out March 27. If readers are interested, the e-versions were released today, so they can get a jump if they want to.

    Thanks again. So much!!
    Liz Selvig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Liz! Thank you for writing such a great book! Can't wait to read more of your work!

      (And I'll correct the post so readers can get their hands on this even sooner!)

      Delete
  5. Woo-hoo! I've been waiting for this one!

    I have to go check to see if it's arrived on my Kindle!!

    ReplyDelete